Seramount Reveals the 2022 Best Companies for Dads
Goldman Sachs & Co. Named Number One
Washington, DC (September 20, 2022)—Seramount, part of EAB, revealed its fifth annual list of the 2022 Best Companies for Dads today. This year’s winners are focusing on inclusive benefits for families, including paid gender-neutral parental leave, paid emergency childcare, bereavement leave after a partner/spouse miscarriage, and more.
“The 2022 Best Companies for Dads provide supportive, family-friendly workplace cultures where parents can thrive,” says Subha V. Barry, President of Seramount. “We are proud of the programs and policies our Best Companies have implemented. Employees continue to speak out about their needs, from bereavement leave after a family suffers a miscarriage and reimbursable emergency childcare to more time to bond with new babies, which fathers are actually taking, and these organizations are delivering.”
The top 10 companies for 2022 (in alphabetical order) are as follows: Accenture, Ares Management, Bank of America, Diageo, Ernst & Young LLP, Goldman Sachs & Co., Horizon Therapeutics, Johnson & Johnson, Moody’s, and S&P Global.
Key Findings from the 2022 Best Companies for Dads List:
- This year’s winners offer an average of 11 weeks of fully paid gender-neutral parental leave (vs. 10 weeks last year). For the Top 10, it’s 17 weeks (vs. 14 weeks last year).
- This year’s Best Companies for Dads report that fathers took an average of nine weeks paid parental leave (vs. eight last year). For the Top 10, it was 12 weeks (vs. 11 weeks last year).
- Seventy-eight percent of this year’s Best Companies for Dads offer phase-back (gradual return) to work after parental leave (vs. 75% last year). For the Top 10, it was 100% (same as last year). Fathers, on average, have 14 weeks of phase-back available to them (vs. 12 weeks last year). For the Top 10, it was 21 weeks (vs. 15 weeks last year).
- Eighty percent of the Best Companies for Dads offer bereavement leave for men whose partners/spouses have miscarriages. Ninety percent of the Top 10 offer the same.
- Ninety-five percent of the Best Companies for Dads offer backup (emergency) childcare (vs. 93 percent last year). For the Top 10, it’s 100 percent (vs. 90 percent last year).
- Thirty-four percent offer everyday childcare reimbursement. For the Top 10 it’s 70 percent).
ABOUT THE METHODOLOGY
The 2022 Seramount Best Companies for Dads application includes more than 400 questions related to leave policies, benefits, childcare, employee resource groups for men and working parents, and more. It surveys the availability and usage of these programs for fathers. This year we added specific questions about bereavement leave after miscarriage and everyday childcare. All applicants receive feedback showing how they compare with other applicants; however, the names of applicants that do not make the list are kept confidential. Company profiles and data come from submitted applications and reflect 2021 data.
Seramount, part of EAB, is a strategic professional services and research firm dedicated to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) in the workplace. For over four decades, we have partnered with 450 of the most iconic companies in the world. This has allowed us to build a deep, data-driven understanding of the employee experience, which lays the groundwork for everything we do. Seramount provides best practices research, leadership skill-building, expert advisory and custom research, and implementation tools to DEI leaders within the organizations it serves. We meet each partner’s needs no matter where they are on their journey and guide them along the ever-changing talent landscape. Learn more at seramount.com.
Stefanie McNamara, [email protected]