Seramount’s Commitment to Privacy. Seramount is deeply committed to maintaining the privacy and security of confidential and sensitive information we may collect, retain, process, or transfer or which is provided to us directly by our clients.
We collect and use personal information to provide our services to our clients and our clients’ end users. In many cases, we do this at the direction of our clients. We do not and will not sell or rent personally identifiable data to third parties.
Information That We Collect
Seramount’s website is generally accessible by the public. Our website provides general information about our company and its services. Our website also may contain information concerning employment opportunities and provide the opportunity for individuals to submit applications for open roles. We may do this directly or through third party vendors.
You can generally visit our website without having to register or otherwise identify yourself. You may need to log in to make use of all the functionalities. For example, our website allows our registered members to access reports and other data.
We collect personal information in the following manner:
Directly from you: Certain functionality on our website requires you to register for an account (e.g., apply for a job, subscribe to blog alerts, sign up for events, participate in sweepstakes, contests, surveys, polls, submit a scholarship application or access certain reports). We also collect information you provide by completing forms on our website. If you provide additional content through user forums, community tools or personal correspondence, for example, we may link this information with your personal information if you are logged in.
How We Use the Information That We Collect
Seramount collects, retains, processes, uses, and transfers your information for the following purposes:
- Service Providers : We use service providers to help us provide our products and services to our clients and you or to perform work on our behalf. Where this requires access to personal information, we are responsible for the data privacy practices of the service providers. Our service providers are not allowed to use personal information they access or receive from us for any other purposes than as needed to carry out their work for us. Examples of our service providers include data storage providers, analytics platform providers, survey providers, third party payment providers, print shops.
- Service enhancements and research : To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may also use:
- Your personal information to evaluate and improve our products and services to develop new products and services;
- To tailor your experience on our websites; and/or
- De-identified information for research or business purposes like providing similarly-situated institutions a benchmarking data report on completion rates or class size.
- Client engagement and marketing : Seramount uses your information for client engagement and marketing purposes in limited circumstances, including:
- To manage the client relationship, including notification of updates and maintenance, and similar purposes.
- To promote Seramount’s services.
We do not disclose personally identifiable information about students that we collect through the provision of our educational products and services to third parties for behavioral targeting of advertisements to students.
Our marketing emails will include a link so that you can opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us. You can do this by clicking on the “Unsubscribe” link in the email footer.
Online and interest-based advertising. We use third-party advertising tools to collect information about your visits to our websites to serve you targeted advertisements based on your browsing history and interests on other websites and online services or on other devices you may use. In some instances, we may share a common account identifier (such as an email address or user ID) with our third-party advertising partners to help identify and contact you across devices. We and our third-party partners use this information to make the advertisements you see online more relevant to your interests, as well as to provide advertising-related services such as reporting, attribution, analytics and market research.
Google Analytics and Advertising. We may also utilize certain forms of display advertising and other advanced features through Google Analytics, such as Remarketing with Google Analytics, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, the DoubleClick Campaign Manager Integration, and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting. These features enable us to use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the Doubleclick advertising cookie) or other third-party cookies together to inform, optimize, and display ads based on your past visits to our websites. We may also merge data from Google Analytics with data from other Seramount’s databases to personalize your experience on our website. You may control your advertising preferences or opt-out of certain Google advertising products by visiting the Google Ads Preferences Manager, currently available at https://adssettings.google.com.
You can opt-out of third-party cookies from Google Analytics using the Google Analytics opt-out browser setting add-on or third-party ad management tools.
Do Not Track Signals. Currently, various browsers – including Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Safari – offer a “do not track” or “DNT” option that relies on a technology known as a DNT header, which sends a signal to websites visited by the user about the user’s browser DNT preference setting. With respect to our Virtual Tour Program, Seramount does not currently commit to responding to browsers’ DNT signals with respect to our websites, in part, because no common industry standard for DNT has been adopted by industry groups, technology companies or regulators, including no consistent standard of interpreting user intent.
Other types of disclosures
We will also share your information to the extent required in the following circumstances:
- To comply with legal or regulatory requirements and to respond to lawful requests, court orders, and legal processes.
- To protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of us, our clients, or third parties, including enforcing contracts or policies or in connection with investigating and preventing fraud.
- To process transactions when you use our services to make a deposit to one of our clients, we will share your payment and transaction data with third party payment processors.
- To carry out operational tasks for legitimate business purposes.
Seramount’s services are not intended for children under the age of 18, and we do not knowingly collect any information from children. If we learn that we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information upon request. Please contact us at [email protected] if you believe we have inadvertently collected personal information from a child under 18 without proper consent.