Privacy Notice – Seramount
Last Updated: September 14, 2023
1. EAB and Our Commitment to Your Privacy
Who Is EAB? EAB Global, Inc. (together with its subsidiaries and its affiliates, including YouVisit, LLC and Cappex.com, LLC, “EAB”, “us,” “we,” and “our”) is a data driven research, technology, and services organization partnering with education leaders, practitioners, and staff to accelerate progress and drive results in the most pressing and complex issues facing colleges, universities, community colleges, independent schools, and graduate programs.
EAB’s Commitment to Privacy. EAB is deeply committed to maintaining the privacy and security of personal information we collect or which is provided to us directly by our clients.
Scope of this Privacy Notice. This Privacy Notice governs our processing of personal information in connection with our Seramount services. This Privacy Notice does not relate to anonymized, aggregated, or de-identified data, or any other information that does not allow us to identify you.
Data Processor and Data Controller. EAB is the data processor in relation to the data processing activities described in this Privacy Notice, with the exception that EAB is the Data controller with respect to a partner’s point of contact personal information, which may in limited circumstances be used for marketing purposes.
Updates to this Privacy Notice. From time to time, this Privacy Notice may be updated to reflect changes to our products and services, the way we operate, or to meet new legal and regulatory requirements. You will find the latest version of this Privacy Notice at https://eab.com/privacy-policy-2/.
2. Personal Information That We Collect
The type of personal information we collect about you depends upon your relationship with us. Please click on the plus symbol to collapse or expand the relevant section below to learn more. The other sections in our Privacy Notice apply to all our activities.
We collect personal information about users of the Seramount products and services in the following manner:
- Directly from you: We collect certain personal information directly from you, including your name, titles, email address, telephone number(s), address(es), institution and role and account credentials when you register for Seramount. You also may provide personal information to us in connection with your use of the Seramount services, for example if you attend sessions or events, or through the automated virtual assistant and live chat features on our website.
- Sensitive Information. We may obtain information relating to your gender or gender identity, and information relating to your health, such as any disabilities, where we are permitted to do so by law or where you give your consent.
- Third Party Integrations, Links and Features. You may connect third party integrations to your Seramount account (e.g., Google SSO), which may ask for certain permissions to send information to your Seramount account. EAB’s use and transfer of information received from Google APIs will adhere to the Google API Services User Data Policy.
3. How We Use the Personal Information That We Collect
EAB collects, retains, processes, uses, and transfers your personal information for the following purposes:
- Providing the Seramount services. We use personal information that we collect in order to verify the identity of users, provide the Seramount services, communicate with users of the Seramount services, provide information about briefings, events, professional development sessions, and research collaboration opportunities, manage relationships with users of the Seramount services, and to provide support and troubleshooting services, and improve the Seramount services. We process personal information for these purposes because we have a legitimate interest in doing so.
- Analytics. We use personal information that we collect in order to analyze use of the Seramount services, enhance the service, develop new products or services, and to perform market, trend and statistical research and analysis. We process personal information for these purposes because we have a legitimate interest in doing so.
- Record Keeping. We use personal information that we collect for our internal record keeping purposes, and for accounting, audit and other internal functions.
- Marketing. When you have given your consent for us to do so, we may contact you to provide marketing materials about the Seramount services or EAB’s other products and services.
- Compliance with Law and Internal Policies. We use the personal information that we collect in order to comply with applicable legal requirements and our internal policies and procedures. We also may use personal information to conduct internal investigations relating to use of the Seramount services, or to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
4. How We Share the Personal Information That We Collect
We may share the categories of personal information we obtain about you (as described above) with the categories of third parties third parties listed in this section. We may share your personal information with:
- Other users of the Seramount services;
- Industry associations and other businesses with which EAB co-hosts events, if you chose to participate; and
- Service providers that perform services on our behalf.
- We may share personal information with service providers that perform services on our behalf such as hosting providers, analytics providers, entities that provide customer support (including through online automated and live chat features), helpdesk providers and direct marketing services providers. In accordance with applicable law, we have entered into legally binding agreements requiring them to use or disclose personal data only as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with applicable legal requirements.
- Third-party web analytics services.
In addition, we may disclose personal information about you (a) if we are required or permitted to do so by law or legal process, for example due to a court order or a request from a law enforcement agency, (b) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, (c) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or other illegal activity, or (d) in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganization, dissolution, or liquidation).
5. Children’s Privacy
EAB’s products and services are not intended for children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect any information from children. If we learn that we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13, we will delete that information upon request. Please contact us at [email protected] if you believe we have inadvertently collected personal information from a child under 13.
6. Your Rights and Choices
If you are a California resident, for more information about your privacy rights, please see our Privacy Notice for California Residents here.
If you are a resident of Colorado, Connecticut, Utah or Virginia, you may have the right to request:
- that we provide you with access to the personal information collected about you;
- that we provide a copy of your personal information to you in a portable format;
- that we correct or update your personal information that is inaccurate, incomplete or outdated and that you are not otherwise able to update via your profile;
- that we delete your personal information;
- to opt out of the sale of your personal information to third parties; or
- to opt out of the processing of your personal information for purposes of targeted advertising.
You may also have the right to appeal our decision with respect to a request you have submitted here.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights described above in relation to your personal information, please submit a request to EAB by clicking here. Prior to fulfilling your request, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity. To submit an opt-out request as an authorized agent on behalf of a consumer, please click here.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may charge a reasonable fee to comply with your request. If you choose to exercise any of these rights, you have the right to not receive discriminatory treatment by us.
We employ a variety of physical, administrative, and technological safeguards designed to protect personal information against loss, misuse, and unauthorized access or disclosure.
9. Specific Regional & Country Information
Outside of the United States
Seramount is operated within the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, any information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States. By using Seramount services or by providing us with your information, you consent to this transfer.
10. Contact Us
If you have any questions or concerns about our Privacy Notice or data privacy practices, contact us at [email protected] or write to us at the following address.
EAB Global, Inc.
Attn: General Counsel
2445 M Street, NW
Washington, DC 20037