2022 Top Companies for Executive Women Winners
Seramount continues to explore ways organizations can move more women into top positions, while highlighting the successes at these trailblazing companies.
This is the most definitive list of top workplaces for women who want to advance through the corporate ranks. It celebrates companies that champion women’s advancement, with a focus on succession planning, profit-and-loss roles, gender pay parity, support programs, and flexibility programs.
Join us at Women Reimagine on June 29 to celebrate the winning companies and learn more about how they’re investing in women leaders to ensure they have the support and tools they need to thrive and lead into the future.
Highlights of the 2022 Top 75 Companies for Executive Women
• The percentage of women corporate executives increased 1 percentage point to 35 percent versus 34 percent in 2021. Female board of directors also increased 2 percentage points to 38 percent from 36 percent in 2021.
• Forty-five percent of the top 20 percent highest-paid employees are women, up from 41 percent in 2021.
• The percentage of female corporate executives with P&L responsibilities has remained the same year over year at 30 percent.
• Eighty-nine percent of winning companies hold managers accountable for hiring and advancing women, compared to 81 percent in 2021. The most prevalent means are through performance reviews and bonus compensation.
• Seventy-five percent of the Top 75 Companies for Executive Women offer formal sponsorship, up from 68 percent in 2021.
• Seventy-two percent compensate managers for DEI results (including women’s representation), up from 55 percent in 2021.
The 2022 Top 75 Companies application includes more than 200 questions on pertinent topics, including female representation at all levels, but focuses on the corporate officer and profit-and-loss leadership ranks. The application, based on 2021 data, tracks and examines how many employees have access to programs and policies that promote advancement of women and how many female employees take advantage of them, as well as how companies train managers to help women advance. To be considered, companies must have a minimum of two women on their boards of directors and at least 500 US employees.
How To Apply
The online application for the 2023 Top Companies for Executive Women will be available in December 2022 and is due for submission in March 2023, as part of the Seramount Annual Application. We invite applications from private or public companies in any industry, with the exception of government agencies.