2023 100 Best Companies Winners
This year’s winners continue to set the standard by providing inclusive benefits for families, including paid gender-neutral parental leave, subsidized childcare, bereavement leave after miscarriage, reimbursement for fertility expenses, and increased mental health benefits for employees.
“Our 100 Best Companies are going the extra mile to create inclusive work environments for their parents and caregivers,” says Subha V. Barry, President of Seramount. “In addition to gender-neutral parental leave, organizations are upping their benefit offerings to cover necessities like childcare and sick-child care. Not only that, they recognize that this generation of workers will likely have to care for a sick family member at some point and are providing the support to do so. We are proud to honor these forward-thinking companies.”
Listed in alphabetical order
Listed in alphabetical order
- The 100 Best Companies offer an average of 11 weeks of fully paid parental leave for full-time employees, the same as 2022.
- Ninety-one percent of the 100 Best Companies offer bereavement leave after a miscarriage, as compared to 77 percent that offered bereavement leave for miscarriages in 2022.
- More 100 Best Companies are subsidizing everyday childcare (39 percent in 2023 vs. 36 percent in 2022) as well as sick-child care (72 percent in 2023 vs. 68 percent in 2022). Sick-child care may take the form of sick-child care provided at on-site or near-site childcare centers, hospitals, or other sick bay facility, or by a service that provides for in-home sick-child care.
- Eighty-five percent of the 100 Best Companies offer caregiving leave (e.g., to care for a sick family member over an extended period of time), with an average of 40 days of caregiving leave offered per year.
- More 100 Best Companies are offering reimbursement for fertility procedures such as egg freezing (89 percent in 2023 vs. 74 percent in 2022) and surrogacy expenses (76 percent in 2023 vs. 61 percent in 2022). Reimbursement for in vitro fertilization has increased to 94 percent, up from 90 percent in 2022.
- Among the 100 Best Companies, 88 percent offer coverage for travel for healthcare services where access is limited by state legislative action.
- Ninety-four percent of the 100 Best Companies have policies supporting workplace mental health, compared to 92 percent in 2022.
The 2023 Seramount 100 Best Companies application includes more than 300 questions related to leave policies, workforce representation, benefits, childcare, advancement programs, flexibility, and more. It surveys the availability and usage of these programs, as well as the accountability of the many managers who oversee them. The names of applicants that do not make the list are kept confidential. Company profiles and data come from submitted applications and reflect 2022 data.
How To Apply
The online application for the 2024 100 Best Companies will be available in December 2023 and is due for submission in March 2024, as part of the Seramount Annual Application. We invite applications from private or public companies in any industry, with the exception of government agencies. Companies must have at least 500 U.S. employees and offer at least two weeks of parental leave.