2021 100 Best Companies Winners
Representing more than 2 million U.S. employees, this year’s winners are focusing on inclusive benefits for families, including gender-neutral leave, gradual phase-back after parental leave, and accessible, affordable childcare. Explore below or click here to learn more.
This year, Seramount added specific questions about how organizations helped parents and caretakers with time off, flexible hours, and other benefits during COVID-19. There is a significant difference between the responses of companies that made the list and those that didn’t, showcasing how the 100 Best pivoted to help working families.
- Seventy-eight percent of winning companies increased mental-health coverage for employees and/or dependents as a result of COVID-19 (compared to 47 percent of non-winners).
- Sixty-five percent of winning companies allowed employees to hire and pay any new caregivers (not part of the company-supported network) because of COVID-19 (compared to 25 percent of non-winners) and 63 percent increased childcare reimbursements because of COVID-19 (compared to 29 percent of non-winners).
- Seventy-three percent of winning companies gave employees extra time off in 2020 because of COVID-19 (compared to 67 percent of non-winners).
- Fifty-nine percent of winning companies increased health insurance coverage for employees and/or dependents as a result of COVID-19 (compared to 40 percent of non-winners).
- Eighty-seven percent of winning companies trained managers in best practices for managing staff remotely (compared to 77 percent of non-winners).
The 2021 Seramount 100 Best Companies application includes more than 400 questions on leave policies, workforce representation, benefits, childcare, advancement programs, flexibility, and more. It surveys the availability and usage of these programs, as well as the accountability of the many managers who oversee them. The names of applicants that do not make the list are kept confidential. Company profiles and data come from submitted applications and reflect 2020 data.
How to Apply
The online application for the 2022 100 Best Companies will be available in December and is due for submission in March, as part of the Seramount Annual Application. Register today for the application here.
We invite applications from private or public companies in any industry, with the exception of government agencies.